Friday, January 29, 2010
Not having enough time to cook and write too much. Just wanted to share something quick I have made yesterday. :-) It is soft and fluffy... I love my bread machine!lol!!
1. 173g water
2. 35g lightly beaten egg
3. 35g butter - cut to small cubes
4. 4g salt
5. 20g sugar
6. 345g bread flour
7. 3g instant yeast
8. 90g room temperature mashed pumpkin
1. Put all the ingredients except mashed pumpkin into the bread pan in order listed above.
2. Select basic regular function and press start. Add in mashed pumpkin 1 minutes later after the machine started.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
OK, this will be the last post for my marathon of turkey recipes.
I promised my blogger friend Traci Moo that I would post my porridge making process. I like Cantonese style porridge which is thick and smooth in texture. The trick to making it smooth is adding few drops of vegetable oil when you cook the porridge. I learned this from a friend of my whom came from Hong Kong. You may try this method in any kind of porridge cooking.
I cooked the porridge for 30 minutes first before adding other ingredients.
A) Porridge base
1. 1 cup rice - washed
2. 1.5 quart water (adjust according to personal preference)
3. few drops of vegetable oil
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 800g turkey bones
- 2~3 cups shredded turkey meat
- salt and white pepper to taste
- serve with some garlic oil and sesame oil
- Green onion
1. Bring ingredient A to boil and cook in slow heat for 30 minutes.
2. Add in turkey bones and ginger, cook for another 2 hours over slow heat.
3. Add in turkey meat 15 minutes before serving.
4. Season with.
5. When serving, add a dash of white pepper, some garlic oil and sesame oil. Garnish with some green onion.