I like to make different kinds of spaghetti for Tom's lunch box because it will still be tasty after reheated in the microwave. It is a simple and quick meal. I usually make the vegetarian spaghetti sauce and top with few pieces of grilled chicken breast fillet or grilled salmon.
There was fresh house made sausage on sale at Sprout's Farmer Market few days ago. I was attracted by the big sign of the price reduction and the variety of the choices. I had never bought or cooked fresh sausage, while I was hesitant to pick up which kind I want (there were about 12 choices), an old Caucasian man suggested that I should try Hot Italian flavor. I immediately grabbed 2 of them and thought since it has the flavor of "Italian", maybe I could make up an Italian cuisine like pizza or spaghetti or pasta...etc.
I was too busy to make the pizza crust, so I came up with this Hot Italian Sausage Spaghetti. Here are the other ingredients and steps for this recipe.
Serving : 3
1. 165g spaghetti
2. 2pcs of Hot Italian Sausages (about 270g)
3. 2 tsp olive oil/vegetable oil
4. 1/2 cup of chopped or sliced sweet onion
5. 1.5 cup of Prego Chunky Garden pasta sauce
6. Italian seasoning - few dashes to taste
7. 1/4 tsp of sugar (optional - if you dont like the sourness of the spaghetti sauce)
8. 3 tsp of grated Parmesan Cheese, reserve extra for topping
9. Black pepper - few dashes to taste
10. Garlic Salt - few dashes to taste
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the directions printed on the bag/box (cook to the minimum time, so the pasta stays firm). drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Cook the sausages in a non-stick pan, turn occasionally until evenly cooked. Set aside to cool and cut into half inch chunks.
2. Remove the fat oil from the pan.
3. Oil the pan with olive/vegetable oil
4. cook the onion with high heat for about 1 minute
5. add in the pasta sauce, stir until boiling
6. sprinkle some black pepper, garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
7. add in the sausage chunks, sugar and parmesan cheese, stir to mix well.
8. add and stir the spaghetti for 1~1.5 minutes , remove from heat and serve.
9. sprinkle some parmesan cheese on the top.
Stir in the spaghetti
These ingredients are available at Giant, Billion,
Pacific, Tesco hypermarkets.
Vanilla Ice Cream Cake 香草冰淇淋蛋糕
11 hours ago