I never thought that I would start to post my blog with this title "House almost gone"!!! This blog was actually created 3 months ago as a purpose to share my cooking adventures with my friend, I always try to find many excuses to escape from writing an article. Then, what have happened to me???
I was hurrying to Tzu Chi early this morning to pick up some recycle chemical drums that I wanted to use it as a starter for my mini vegetable growing, then I stayed there for the preparation of the homeless's hot meal serving, hubby drove the pick up truck with the drums straight to work, he was planning to drive them back at his lunch time. on 12.30pm, hubby called me with a very serious voice "you got a problem" and told me about what he has "discovered" when he got home!!!----->I forgot to turn off the heat for the soup, imaging ---> a small pot of the soup sitting on the stove with high heat for 5 hours!! According to hubby, our house was full of smoke, he couldn't even see the back door when he opened the front door and steped into the house, strong burning smell surrouding made him couldn't breath, the furnitures are stinky now....., I was totally in shock and speechless when hubby talked to me in phone, I felt so bad and guilty.... :-( !!! What would have happened to our house if hubby changed his mind not to go home at lunch? We might be homeless now.... :-( , thanks GOD!! We were really lucky.
See how bad the pot of soup burnt......
I know this is an unpleasant starter post, but I wanted this to be served as a REMINDER for myself be alert and caution when cooking, this is not a funny adventure at all!!! And so for my potential readers, please watch out the heat and check the stove before you go out.
Lastly, I hope hubby will forgive me and still love me. I brought you a lovely and yummy tiramisu, ...Please accept my apologize, please? :-p.
Vanilla Ice Cream Cake 香草冰淇淋蛋糕
11 hours ago