Saturday, September 12, 2009

2009 Summer Camping

Photobucket
I like this picture very much. It was taken at Sunset Crater - where we camped in July. It is a pine tree after being hit by lighting.

Wonder where have I been recently? I am taking a break for my cooking adventures as I am stuck by too many errands and events since the middle of August. I volunteered for the fund raising program at the Asian supermarket here for the victims of Typhoon Marakot in Taiwan for 2 weekends, then helping in Tzu Chi Chinese classes with administration work, then camped at Greer in last weekend, followed by our best friends' wedding this weekend, then training class next weekend... Ooooh Gosh!! I wish I could have 48 hours a day.

We were exhausted from the 3 day camping trip at Greer last weekend. My legs are still sore from the hiking :-p. This hike took us up to the summit of Arizona's third highest mountain - Escudilla Mountain - 10,912ft - an inactive volcanic mountain. We really enjoyed the beauty of the nature, got the see how amazing the climate can change the environment. Along the way to the summit of Escudilla, we passed through 2 different forests - Aspen then Pine and also a lot of unknown wild plants and flowers.

Tom set up our tent.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I would like to share some pictures of our adventure in this post. Some of them are from our camping in Sunset Crater in July. Sunset Crater Volcano was born in a series of eruptions between the years 1040~1100. Although it has been almost 1000 years, the lava flows and cider fields still look fresh. We got the chance to walk through the lava flows and ciders fields. It is pretty amazing.

So, today will be no food pictures, all are the beauty of nature. I like those wild flowers the most.

Sunset Crater, endless volcano lava flow..

PhotobucketPhotobucket
On the cinder and lava flow.


1
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Lichens


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Native American Ruins



PhotobucketPhotobucket
Cowboys Roping Calves in competition.

Aspen leaf, Aspen trees.

PhotobucketPhotobucket


Wild flowers

PhotobucketPhotobucket


PhotobucketPhotobucket


PhotobucketPhotobucket


PhotobucketPhotobucket

7 comments:

  1. Wow, it's really a great place for photography. One day when I visit you in Arizona, you must bring me camping too okay??

    ReplyDelete
  2. no problem Tin Tin, there are many places here suite for photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so busy myself too since I got back fr HK. Went to KL to settle stuff for my hse there, just came back last night. Really great of you to volunteer for a charitable cause. I used to go camping a lot but not anymore since I moved to Singapore :(. It's just so nice to be surrounded by nature. The wildflowers pictures you've taken there are just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nyonya, I feel like I am your opposite site. I nave done camping when I was in Malaysia. My father was so strict when I was still in school. After graduated, I spent too much time on my work. I have missed so much things in the past. I am still adjusting myself to be more relax. Life is short, right? I will do more camping and post more pictures here in future. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nevermind, better late than never ;-). The outdoor is great & I miss it a lot. Hope to see more outdoor camping pics from you in future :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. nyonya.. I will post more about my travelling adventures picture! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin