Slowly...everything is getting back on track. This month is going to be an extremely busy month with parties! LOL, we have at least 5 parties to go for the next 10 days. Not sure how many more will be held until the end of the month!
As such, I won't cook too many complicated meals - got to let our stomach take a break after being stuffed with a lot of goodies from Penang and get ready for the marathon party.
Here's one of my meatless but tasty meals for our 2 vegetarian day practice every month. It is not Buddhism vegetarian, so, you will still see garlic and onion in my ingredients. For those whom just want a meatless meal, this might be one of your choices.
1. 3 eggs - beat with 1~2 tbsp fresh milk or water and a dash of white pepper2. 1/2 medium sweet onion - sliced
3. 1 stalk Chinese leek - sliced (split the white and green portion)4. 2.5~3 cups overnight cooked rice (cooled)
5. 1 tbsp oyster sauce6. 1 tbsp soy sauce or to taste
7. some salt to taste8. Some water
9. some green onion or cilantro, red chili for garnishing
1. Heat up a greased frying pan, scramble fry the beaten eggs until just cooked, remove from heat and set a side.2. Heat up the pan again with some vegetable oil, sautee the onion slices and white portion of the Chinese leeks until fragrance.
3. Add in rice, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt and the green portion of Chinese leek.
4. Sprinkle some water and stir fry for 3~4 minutes
5. Add in scramble egg and stir fry for another 2~3 minutes.
6. Garnish with green onion and chili slices.
7. Serve warm.