Cici named this dish for me! :-) I am trying to consume the leftover honey ham from Easter day as soon as possible. Don't want to waste it. Besides using it for breakfast omelets, tortilla wraps, etc. Here is my honey ham fried rice. I served it with egg wrap so that it will not be too boring for Tom and Cici to have just fried rice.
There is a trick to make an unbroken egg skin. Mix some corn starch with some water, beat together with the eggs. Trust me, it works.
Method to make egg skin (for 3 serving)
1. 5 eggs 2. 1/3 cups milk/water - (this will result a softer egg skin) 3. 1 tsp of corn starch - mix in # 2. 4. Some salt and white/black pepper
1. Beat together the eggs and milk/water corn starch mixture, salt and pepper. Divide to 3 portions. 2. Slightly grease a non stick frying pan. 3. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. 4. Tilt the pan with circular motion to make an approx. 7~8" diameter egg skin. 5. Brown both sides of egg skin over medium heat. 6. Remove from heat and set aside.
Ingredients and steps for fried rice.
1. 4 bowls of cold cooked rice (better use overnight rice) 2. 140g honey ham - cubed 3. 1/2 medium sweet onion - sliced 4. 1 tsp XO Sauce 5. 2 tbsp soy suace or as desired 6. 1 tbsp oyster sauce 7. Some salt and white pepper to taste 8. Some green onion and red chili for garnishing.
1. Grease the frying pan with some oil. 2. Fragrant the onion slices over high heat. 3. Add in XO sauce then stir in the rice. 4. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce. Stir the rice for 3 minutes. 5. Add ham cubes, stir for another 3~4 minutes 6. Sprinkle some salt (if needed) and pepper to taste. Stir in green onion and red chile before remove from heat.
To assemble :
1. Place the egg skin in a soup bowl. 2. Spoon the fried rice into the egg skin 3. Fold the skin edge to the middle. Place the serving plate on top of it. 4. Flip over the plate and bowl. 5. Cross the top of egg skin with a knife. Open it like a pocket. 6. Enjoy.