Saturday, April 4, 2009

Salmon Steak with Oregano Pepper Wine Salsa

Photobucket

I like steamed fish, but the frozen fish that is sold in supermarkets here is not suitable for steaming. The most important factor for steaming fish is - fresh!! fresh!! fresh!! Normally, the steamed fish served in Chinese restaurant here is Tilapia, but I don't like the "muddy" smell that comes along with it. I have been spoiled by the freshly caught ocean fish that are available in varieties of choice in my hometown - a place just few minutes away from a very famous seafood village - Bukit Tambun."Sigh"......!! I miss fresh seafood so much!!

When I tired of chicken, beef, pork!!! I take salmon. Salmon is rich with Omega 3 and protein. Believe it or not? The salmon sold in supermarket here is cheaper than in Malaysia. Maybe we are much closer to the place that produce majority of the salmon in America - Alaska.

I usually marinate my salmon with some zesty herb and just pan fry it. This time, I tried a different recipe, I thought it might not taste as good as the zesty herb salmon when I tried the wine salsa when I started cooking. But once I coated the salmon with salsa.....ooooiyorrrr, it was just like a magic, the match of wine salsa and salmon just amazing!! yummy!!!!!!

Ingredients steps :

1. 2pcs salmon steak (about 1lb)
- 30 minutes before cooking, sprinkle with some salt and freshly ground black pepper

2. 1 tbsp olive oil
3. 1 tbsp minced garlic
4. 1tbsp chopped fresh oregano/ 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
5. 1/2 tbsp parsley flakes
6. 2 tbsp chopped red pepper
7. 1 cup dry white wine

Steps :

1. Warm the olive oil in a non-stick pan, pan fry the salmon steaks over medium-high heat until cooked through. Turn once, about 4~5 minutes each side (depends on the thickness of the steak)
2. Remove the salmon steaks from the pan. Switch to the medium heat, saute the garlic, oregano, parsley and red pepper for about 2~3 minutes.
3. Add in the white wine. Simmer with uncovered until the wine salsa is reduced by half.
4. Return the fried salmon steaks to the pan and coat well for both sides.
5. Serve warm! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin