Sunday, July 5, 2009

Grilled Italian Squash and Zucchini

Photobucket

We have had too many heavy meals recently. I have to consume more vegetables to balance my diet, because my figure (weight) is growing!! LOL...umm, it is very hard to get the balance between good food and your body figures!

I previously didn't like Italian squash or zucchini, as I was not impressed by its taste and texture after being stir fried. I was wrong, ti shouldn't been stir fried - it tastes awesome for grilling. I learned this from our friend's gathering. Jim Wilson showed me how easy for the preparation and seasoning. I will definitely make
this again and again for our meatless meal.

Photobucket

Recipe & Steps :


1. 2 each Italian Squash and Zucchini - cut to about 3" strips.
2. Some Sweet Onion Slices.
3. Some red or orange pepper slices - optional, I used whole sweet peppers.
4. 1 tsp of olive oil.
5. Some parsley flakes.
6. Salt and garlic to taste.
7. Some black pepper.

Steps :

1. Preheat the grill, place a sheet of perforated heavy duty aluminum foil on the grate.
2. Rub the squash, zucchini, onion and peppers with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle some parsley, salt and garlic, toss to season evenly.
4. Grill for about 4~5 minutes with cover on, turn once or twice.
5. Sprinkle some black pepper, salt and garlic again (if needed) to taste before remove from heat.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Thank you for the spelling confirmation of Zucchini. I was writing a note on my food of Sunday Dec 20th, and had bought some at Whole Foods, but the label said Italian Squash and Google showed me your site.
    I see you have a battle between what our body seems to want, and what we think is good for it. One thing that, as it turned out, gave me some ammunition in this area was to chart items concerning my body's reaction to what I eat (Blood Pressure, weight, sleep hours...). If you like, this is a link to the current .pdf of the chart with comments: www.i11.us -> page bottom "Physical Health" -> Item #6.0 -> "My Blood Pressure..." 0912 .pdf.

    Martin Lee
    Phone: +1 408 898 4095

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin