Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mixed Mushrooms with Tofu in Claypot (三菇豆腐煲)

Photobucket

I need to get rid of my "spare tire" hanging there on my belly --> a side effect of baking and eating too much recently.

I decided to cook more vegetable and less meat (Tom can't live without meat (Editor's Note: Vegetarians are weird. Vegans doubly so.)), so I grabbed different kinds of vegetable and mushroom from the stores. Do you guys know that by consuming more fresh mushroom, your skin will be smoother? I am not sure if this works for you. I did have this experience while I was working in China few years ago. The cook in our hostel cooked at least 5~8 mushroom meals in a week.

Photobucket
Cute little beech mushroom!!

At that time, I was not a big fan of mushroom, but I did not have too much choices to eat. After several weeks of working there, I noticed that my skin of my arms and hands turned smoother (usually rough like sand paper.. lol), I started to cook and consume more fresh mushrooms afterward... hehehe... women --- beauty first!

You can cook this dish with any kind of fresh mushroom available. Amount of uses is adjustable to your personal liking. You don't have to serve it in a clay pot if you don't have one.


Ingredients :

1. 10 white mushroom - sliced
2. 1 stalk abalone mushroom - sliced
3. 1 small bunch of beech mushroom - separated
4. few pieces of fresh black fungus (can use pre-soaked dried black fungus too)
5. Some snow pea
6. 150g silken/soft tofu - cut to10cm thick slices
7. 3~5 cloves garlic - crushed or chopped
8. 1 tsp oyster sauce
9. Salt to taste
10. 2~3 tbsp water
11. Some Chinese celery for garnishing


1. Heat a lightly greased frying pan.
2. Brown the garlic, stir in ingredients # 1~4. cook for 2~3 minutes over high heat.
3. Add in snow pea, oyster sauce, continue to another 1~2 minutes.
4. Salt to taste, add some water if needed.
5. Transfer the mushroom to a clay pot, add in tofu, bring to boil.
6. Remove from heat, garnish with some Chinese celery when serve.















2 comments:

  1. i like the sound of this, but i'm not sure what a "beech" mushroom is or what it's called here in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justin, I am in Arizona, the local Asian markets here call it "beech" mushroom, I think you may find it in NY too. If you search at Google images and wikipedia, you can find out more about it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin