Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Butter Pepper Bella Cap Mushroom

mushroom
Errr....wonder what is this?? Ya, it is Bella cap mushroom, not so pretty the appearance after cooked, but delicious to eat.

I didn't like mushrooms at all when I was young until my old boss sent me to China for long stay for factory support. The cook in our hostel was from mainland China, so she didn't know much about seafood and meat. So, she cooked different kinds of vegetables for our daily meals. One of her signature dishes was stir fried fresh mushroom with some Chinese celery garnish. I didn't have too many choices, so I struggled to eat some at the beginning. When I got used to the taste for this dish, I started to love mushrooms. I cooked the same thing when I went back to Malaysia. It was an oriental style recipe.

This recipe actually came from the place at which I volunteer, a simple and easy western style mushroom dish. You can try it!

Photobucket

Ingredients :

1. 4~5 pcs Bella Cap mushroom - cut to 1/2" strips
2. 15g Butter
3. 1/4 tsp black pepper
4. some basil leaves or parsley flakes - optional
5. Garlic & Salt to taste
6. Some green and red chili for garnishing

Steps :

1. Melt the butter in a frying pan.
2. Add in mushroom strips, stir and cook for about 4~5 minutes or until the mushroom starts to shrink.
3. Season with the rest of the ingredients, cook for another 1~2 minutes.
4. Serve warm.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, this is easy to prepare. I will try it one day :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin