Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lotus Root Soup

Photobucket

This is a "remarkable" dish in my culinary journey. Why? Read the story here. Now Tom says "ooh, tastes good, not burnt!" when I make this soup. "Sigh", I feel that I have amnesia recently. I keep forgetting things, and that makes me nervous. Not good!

Lotus roots have been found to be rich in dietary fiber, vitamin C, potassium, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, phosphorus, copper, and manganese, while very low in saturated fat. My mom and I used to add some peanuts and salted mustard to enhance the flavor. I will not stop cooking it even though it reminds me of the unpleasant experience. :-)

Ingredients :

1. 130g lotus roots - cut to 1/3" slices
2. 320g pork bones - wash thoroughly, bath and rinse with boiled water
3. 30g skinned peanuts - wash
4. 25g salted mustard cuts (梅乾菜) - wash thoroughly, soak in warmed water for at least 30minues to remove the preservative as much as possible.
5. 800ml water.
6. Salt to taste

Steps :

1. Boil the water.
2. Add in all the ingredients except salt.
3. Simmer for 45 minutes or until the peanuts reach your desire tenderness.
4. Salt to taste.
5. Skim the extra fat on top of the soup if necessary.
6. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin